FMES.net offers online continuing education credits that are approved for Florida Dietitians and Nutritionists and Nutrition Counselors.
The Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) requires 75 hours over a 5-year period. Will completing the Florida license renewal requirements through FMES enable me to satisfy the CDR continuing education requirements? It is possible that some of the continuing education you take through FMES to maintain your Florida license may apply toward the renewal of your CDR requirements, but FMES courses are not directly CDR approved.
Every Renewal Here is a summary of Florida CE renewal requirements for ND's (dietitians/nutritionists) and NC's (nutritional counselors),
effective July 1, 2006:
- 30 hours total, with specifics as follows:
- 2 hours of Prevention of Medical Errors, which FMES offers, during each two-year licensure cycle.
- Up to 20 hours may be in home study. All FMES courses are approved for dietitian and nutrition counselors
- No more than 10 hours may be in management, risk management, personal growth, and educational techniques.
- The licensee shall retain the certificates of attendance or other records for 4 years for documentation purposes, in case of audit.
- FMES will have your "certificate of completion" available for 4 years. Come back and print as many copies, as needed, free of charge.
*Initial Florida applicants must complete a 3 hour HIV/AIDS course, which FMES offers.
New applicants must complete a continuing education course on HIV/AIDS (3 hours) – which must be done prior to the first renewal of the license.
We offer Medical Error Prevention, HIV/AIDS (3 hrs) and other approved ce courses. Get Started Now!