Florida Medical Educational Services (FMES) Accreditation
In Association with the Florida Society for Respiratory Care
It is the licensee’s responsibility to know your state board or professional organization accreditation requirements. We are not responsible for any courses that you take that fail to be approved by your state board or licensing board. Please call your licensing board or council if you have any questions.
FMES is approved as a provider of continuing education for Alabama nurses, ARNPs, LPN’s and CNA’s by the Alabama Board of Nursing. The licensed Alabama nurse will need to add these classes to their individual online continuing education record. All of our programs are approved by the Alabama Board of Nursing. Chapter 610-X-10, Continuing Education for License Renewal, of the Alabama Administrative Code.
FMES is approved as a provider of continuing education for Florida nurses, RN, ARNPs, LPN’s and CNA’s by the Florida Board of Nursing. Our provider number with CEBroker is 744. FMES will submit CE credits to CEBroker, if you hold a current Florida license. All of our programs are approved by the Florida Board of Nursing.
FMES is approved as a provider of continuing education for Georgia nurses, RN, LPN’s and CNA’s. Our provider number with CEBroker is 744. FMES will submit CE credits to CEBroker, if you hold a current Georgia license. All of our programs are recognized by the Georgia Board of Nursing.
FMES is approved as a provider of continuing education for nurses who are licensed by the Kentucky Board of Nursing.
FMES is approved as a provider of continuing education for nurses who are licensed by the Michigan Board of Nursing.
Ruling 338.10602 (Acceptable continuing education from another state board)
California Respiratory Therapists
- FMES courses meet the requirements for CE for RCPs in California.
(We are recognized as a provider through our partnership with a state society.)
- All of our programs are approved.
Florida Respiratory Therapists
- FMES is approved as a provider of continuing education for Florida respiratory therapists.
- All of our programs are approved by the Florida Board of Respiratory Care (FBRC) with the exception of HIV/AIDS for Barbers and Cosmetologists.
- Our provider number with CEBroker is 744. FMES will submit CE credits to CEBroker, if you hold a current Florida license.
- Our courses meet the NBRC Continuing Maintenance Program Requirements.
- Our courses are endorsed by the Florida Society for Respiratory Care
Texas Respiratory Therapists Practitioners
FMES is approved as a provider of continuing education for Texas respiratory practitioners under ruling 140.210 (1)(c) Continuing Education Requirements. All of our programs that are directly related to RT’s are approved.
Florida Board of Cosmetology
Our 4-hour HIV/AIDS course is approved for initial applicants only. View FMES cosmetology accreditation on the Department of Business and Professional Regulation website. click here.“FLORIDA MEDICAL EDUCATIONAL SERVICES” is listed as an approved provider on page 2.
Florida Council of Dietetics and Nutrition
All of our programs are approved for dietitians and nutritioncounselors. (Up to 20 hours may be in home study. No more than 10 hours may be in management, risk management, personal growth, and educational techniques.)
The Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) requires 75 hours over a 5-year period. Will completing the Florida license renewal requirements through FMES enable me to satisfy the CDR continuing education requirements? It is possible that some of the continuing education you take through FMES to maintain your Florida license may apply toward the renewal of your CDR requirements, but FMES courses are not directly CDR approved.
Florida Council of licensed Midwifery
Twenty (20) hours of clinically related continuing education are required for biennial renewal. This 20 hours is to include two (2) hours on Medical Error Prevention*, one (1) hour HIV/AIDS*, one (1) hour Laws and Rules, and (2) hours of Domestic Violence*. *FMES programs are approved.
The following boards and councils approve the HIV/AIDS and HIV/AIDS UPDATE courses that are offered on our website.
Florida Board of Clinical Laboratory Personnel
- Clinical Laboratory Director
- Clinical Laboratory Supervisor
- Clinical Laboratory Technologist/Medical Technologist
- Clinical Laboratory Technician
- Public Health Director
- Public Health Supervisor
- Public Health Technologist
Florida Board of Nursing Home Administrators
- Nursing Home Administrator
Florida Board of Occupational Therapy Practice
- Occupational Therapist/Occupational Therapy Assistant
Florida Board of Physical Therapy Practice
- Physical Therapist
- Physical Therapy Assistant
Florida Board of Podiatric Medicine
- Podiatric Physician
- Podiatric Physician Limited
Florida Council of Dietetics and Nutrition
- Nutrition Counselor
Florida Board of Acupuncture
- Licensed Acupuncturist
Florida Council of Licensed Midwifery
- Licensed Midwife
Florida Board of Athletic Training
- Athletic Trainer
Florida Board of Massage Therapy
- Massage Therapist
Florida Council of Medical Physicists
- Therapeutic Radiological Physicist
- Diagnostic Radiological Physicist
- Medical Health Physicist
- Medical Nuclear Radiological Physicist
Florida Electrolysis Council
The Florida Electrolysis Council approves these courses that are offered on our website:
- HIV/AIDS UPDATE or the 3 hour HIV/AIDS
- Medical Error Prevention
- Occupational Exposures to Bloodborne Pathogens – 1 hour
- Bloodborne Pathogen and Infection Control – 3 hours (first license renewal)